Steps to install the SIMS Link v44 used for updating Teachers2Parents from locally hosted SIMS.
- Go to Admin > Options.
- In General, confirm that the School Database System (MIS) is set to SIMS.
- If so, go to Step 3.
- If not, select that option from the drop-down and click Save. Click OK on the pop-up to return to Home to apply that change. Continue to Step 3.
- Go to Setup SIMS.
- Click SIMS Link v44 and then Run when prompted. If it downloads the file instead, open the download itself and then click Run.
- For Publisher cannot be verified, click Run again.
- Note: If you see an error message window that says Couldn’t load library at this stage, read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Couldn’t Load Library Error.
- The T2P-SIMS-Link-V44 window will open.
- In T2P Username and T2P Password, enter your login details for Teachers2Parents.
- Click Run.
- The SIMS .net (Link) window will open.
- In Username and Password, enter your login details for SIMS.
- Click OK.
- In the SIMS Link window, it will say it is Running… Importing… Running…
- It will open an Internet Explorer window telling you to Click here to complete your update. Click it to confirm that the import has finished and close the window.
- Close the SIMS Link window.
- You should now have an icon on the Desktop called t2p_v44 which you can double-click on to run the update when required. This should also be in your Startup folder to run the program automatically when you switch on and log into your computer.
- Note: If you see a pop-up about Program Compatibility, close the window.