Steps to create and text messages.
- In Text, click on the Select Message drop-down menu.
- Select Type your Own to compose the entire contents of the message yourself, or a Message Template to use a pre-existing message. Read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Add, Edit, and Delete Message Templates for Text.
- Tick Include School Name to show the school name within the body of the message. Read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Change the School Name.
- Note: This option is only needed if you allow parents to reply to your text messages which uses a mobile number as the sender instead of the school name. Read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Allow Replies from Parents for Text.
- If using Type your Own or editing the selected Message Template, enter the contents of your message in the text box.
- Note: The character limit for a single SMS message is 160 characters, but this limit can be increased to 300 characters. Read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Increase the Character Limit.
- Once you have selected or created your message, click on the Select Contacts drop-down menu.
- This menu provides you with several options for selecting your contacts:
- Select Search for Contact to show a search bar where you can type in the name of the intended recipient and click Go to find them automatically.
- Select All Students to provide a list of all contacts with Contact Type set as Parent. This will not include any contacts set as Staff / Other.
- Select a Year Group to show all contacts who belong to that year group.
- Select a Form to show all contacts who belong to that registration group.
- Select a Group/Class to show all contacts who belong to that manual group/class.
- Click Add or double-click on the contact to move them to the send list on the right. If you want to include everyone from the contact list, click Add All.
- Click Send Now.
- Note: There is also an option to Send Later for scheduling messages to send later. Read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Scheduling Text Messages.
- The preview will show the number of recipients selected, the number of mobile numbers that will receive the text and the contents of the message. Click OK.
- You will see a window confirming it has been sent. Click OK.
- To view the status of the message, read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Checking Text Delivery.