- Steps on how to generate a letter to chase overdue payments via the Money Overdue report.
- Steps on how to generate other letter types via the Letter Templates function in Admin.
2. Click on the Money Overdue report.
3. In the bottom left corner of the report, tick Group by Student. This will amalgamate the arrears so that there is one lump sum amount per child.
4. To show arrears for more than the last seven days, click Filters in the bottom left to extend the date range.
5. Once you have the pupils listed, you will need to untick the box in the first column for all pupils you do not want to print the letter out for – you must print letters out one pupil at a time in the Money Overdue report.
6. Once you have chosen the student, click Generate Letter from the bottom right corner.
7. Repeat the above steps for any other pupils you wish to generate the letter for.
1. Go to the Admin tab from the top.
2. Click on the Letter Templates icon.
3. Click Add from the bottom right.
4. Use the Edit Template pop-up to create your new letter template.
- Name – Type the name of the letter template in this box.
- Template contents – Type the main body of the letter. Use the power tags (mail merge fields) on the right to create a letter that will automatically populate with the relevant information when printed.
5. Save in the bottom left when you are ready. The letter template will then be ready to use.
6. To edit any letters you have created, click on the relevant letter from the list > Click Edit.
7. Use Logo Upload from the bottom right to add your own school logo to the system so that it will be included when the letter is printed.
8. The Edit Closing Text button in the bottom right allows you to add a standard closing text that can be used on all letters printed.
9. To delete templates, click on the letter so that it highlights in grey > click Un/Delete from the bottom left corner.
- Note: View previously deleted templates by ticking the Show Deleted box in the bottom left.
10. Once you have created your template letters, you will need to go to the Letter Generator to print them off. Read our guide here: SchoolMoney: Letter Generator.