Steps to create and send emails.
- In Email, click on the Select Message drop-down menu.
- Select Type your Own to compose the entire contents of the message yourself, or a Message Templates to use a pre-existing message for your email. Read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Add, Edit, and Delete Message Templates for Email.
- If you are typing your own message or editing a template:
- Include a Subject for the email.
- Write the contents of your email in the main text box.
- Use the tool bar to format your message exactly as you require it e.g., bold, italics underlining, font size, type, numbered lists, images etc.
- You can attach up to five files to an email and their combined file size can total up to 10MB. To upload files to the email:
- Click Attach File > Choose File or Browse > select the file > Open.
- Once uploaded, you will see the file name on screen:
- You can click on the filename to see a preview of the attachment.
- Once you have selected or created your message, click on the Select Contacts drop-down menu.
- This menu provides you with several options for selecting your contacts:
- Select Search for Contact to create a search bar where you can type in the name of the intended recipient and click Go to find them automatically.
- Select All Students to provide a list of all contacts with Contact Type set as Parent. This will not include any contacts set as Staff / Other.
- Select a Year Group to show all contacts who belong to that year group.
- Select a Form to show all contacts who belong to that registration group.
- Select a Group/Class to show all contacts who belong to that manual group/class.
- Click Add or double-click on the contact to move them to the send list below. If you want to include everyone from the contact list, click Add All.
- Note: To change the number of email addresses you are sending to per contact, read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Send to Multiple Email Addresses.
- Click Send Email.
- The preview will show the number of recipients selected and the number of email addresses that will receive the email. Click OK.
- You will see a window confirming it has been sent. Click OK.
- To view the status of the message, read our guide for further information: Teachers2Parents: Checking Email Delivery.